Geneva Lake United offer recreational soccer for kids from age 5 to 15. Recreational teams play in the Stateline Soccer league.
The important policies defining recreational soccer include:
- Recreational teams are formed each year.
- Teams are formed on the basis of geographical area or random selection.
- Each player shall play at least half of the game, provided they meet the club’s established requirements.
- Players will register and be age eligible according to their birth year (find your child’s “U” level)
- Recreational teams have no more than half of the team returning from the previous season (teams must rotate at least 50% of the team roster from registration year to registration year.) In Wisconsin, this includes no more than five returning players.
- This may be relaxed in areas where the community may be challenged to form multiple teams.
The club offers an In-house program for 5-6 years old who already participated in the Big Foot Recreation program. In-house costs $55 per player (includes the fall and spring seasons) and each player receives a t-shirt. This program usually includes two practices per week and includes more scrimmages than the Big Foot program.
This group is a traveling team and plays recreational games in a 4v4 format. Goalies are not used. Practices 2x/week. Max roster of 8. $75/child plus uniform.
U9 / U10 Recreational
U9 and U10 groups are traveling teams and play recreational games in a 7v7 format. Goalies are used and offside is enforced. Practices 2x/week. Max roster of 12. $100/child plus uniform.
U11 and U12 groups are traveling teams and play recreational games in a 9v9 format. Goalies are used and offside is enforced. Practices 2x/week. Max roster of 16. $100/child plus uniform.
U13, U14 and U15 groups are traveling teams and play recreational games in a 11v11 format. Goalies are used and offside is enforced. Practices 2x/week. Max roster of 18. $100/child plus uniform.